THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Welcome to The Nail Philes!

As you may or may not be able to tell, this blog will be about Nails-- the types on your fingers and toes.

I decided to start this blog because I thought it could be kind of fun. I'm not a professional nail tech or anything, but I do love doing my nails. I am, however, a college student, so naturally the money to spend on mani/pedis is less-than-forthcoming. My mom started painting her own nails when she learned how to do her own French mani years ago. I used to bite my nails when I was younger, but I finally kicked the habit by constantly keeping my nails painted (nothing is worse than nail polish taste). Then my mom taught me the self-French mani.

It kind of snowballed from there. We experiment with colors and designs and just have fun with it.

The idea for this blog occurred to me yesterday after I started taking pictures of the mani I'm currently wearing now, as I'm particularly proud of it. I uploaded them to my computer, intending to post them on facebook or something, when I thought of those YouTube videos that show how to do different makeup looks (one of my friends does/did them, and they were awesome) and I figured that I could do one in blog form. Who knows, maybe I'll do videos in the future?

0 comments: